Jan 2, 2024

Friends of El Roi

Happy New Year, dear ones! 

I am in process of trying to revamp my blog and SO MUCH has happened since I was regularly updating this blog. Honestly, I don't currently have the mental capacity to rehash ALL that has happened between 2020 and 2023 just quite yet but I do want to try and begin telling the story of the last few years of my hopeful adventure. Today, when I was scrolling through Instagram Stories, I was encouraged by @etst to "break it down". The idea being that when something feels utterly overwhelming and you are tempted to abandon the idea altogether, break it down into manageable pieces so  you can get, whatever it is, done!

In the hopes of closing the gap between 2020 and 2022 I am going to attempt to "break the down" the timeline a bit by giving you a chance to review newsletters that were created and shared with our team of monthly supporters at El Roi during that time. Think: cute photos, happy stories and updated statistics. 

We called them "Friends of El Roi" and here are links to the newsletters for you to take a look at some of the good stuff that went down during 2020 and 2021:

October 2020 

January 2021

April 2021

July 2021

October 2021

 Here's a peek into what they look like!


My next "break it down" step will be to revisit some of my supporter emails that I sent out during the heartbreaking disassembling that 2022 held. Then to take a stab about summarizing the rebuilding and refocusing journey that 2023 entailed. Here's to breaking it down! It's all a part of my hopeful journey and I want to commemorate even the the darkest and perilous parts of this narrow and winding road. I pray that our Father will help you figure out any next steps for you to take, any ideas or dreams to break down into sizeable chunks, so that your 2024 can be exactly what He has designed it to be. 

Thanks for sticking together with me -- I am all the better for you playing a part in my story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hard Dirt of 2022

For the last few weeks, I've felt overwhelmed whenever I've considered how to encapsulate all the experiences 2022 brought for me an...